York & North Yorkshire Chamber exists to help businesses like yours.
Our brand values underpin the ethos of the business and the people within it.
- Partnerships: working with companies and individuals to improve their business performance, by building strong relationships
- Networking: providing an inclusive and effective network for businesses to do business
- Intelligence: using our knowledge, intelligence and services to enable business people to work more efficiently and profitably
- Championing: the voice and needs of local business
- Supporting: helping to create a sustainable business-friendly and supported environment
The Chamber’s mission statement is:
“To be the champion of business – connecting, supporting and representing.”
Take a look at the range of services on offer to members of the Chamber here or call 08455 240 240 with any questions.
Laurence Beardmore, President, York & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Andrew Digwood, Immediate Past President, York & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce
York & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce charity
The charity selected by York & North Yorkshire Chamber President, Laurence Beardmore is The Island.
The Island is a well-established York based registered charity (1120420) supporting some our most disadvantaged, vulnerable and isolated children and young people aged 8 to 18 to realise their potential through positive mentoring relationships and activities. All children and young people have undiscovered potential and through mentoring we can create “islands of time and space” for them to see and believe in themselves.
The Island believes in care, responsibility, respect and compassion resulting in positive outcomes on children and young people’s attitudes, behaviour and skills. We support then to become more effective individuals who are then able to engage and contribute to their community. The Island is more determined than ever to continuing making a difference in supporting, guiding and positively influencing the lives of all children and young people in the city of York and beyond, regardless of their socio-economic circumstances or life experiences.
For more information please visit The Island website: www.theislandyork.org
York Leadership Group
- Laurence Beardmore, York Emporium / York & North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce President
- Eamonn Keogh, O’Neill Associates
- David Dickson, York & North Yorkshire Local Enterprise Partnership
- Tony O’hagan, Nestle UK
- Simon Brereton, City of York Council
- Matt O’Neill, North Yorkshire County Council
- Mark Fordyce, York Data Services Ltd
- Amanda Selvaratnam, University of York
- Lee Underwood, Autohorn Fleet Services Ltd
- Steve Secker, Secker Taylor Associates Ltd (Chair of York & North Yorkshire Property Forum)
- Andrew Lowson, York Business Improvement District Company Ltd
- Natasha Palmer, Bauer Media Limited
- Tim Whitaker, Askham Bryan College
- Mark Granger, Pavers Ltd
- Kerry Hope, Castle Employment Agency Limited
- Paul Tyler, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet (York) Ltd
- Matthew Grant, Azets
- Steve Smith, HSBC Bank Plc
- Ruth McKelvey, York College
- Lee Probert, York College
- Andrew Digwood, Rollits LLP
- Kurt Calder, Shepherd Building Group Ltd
- Marc Fleetham, York St John University
- James Brennan, York Racecourse
- Bethan Vincent, Bethan Vincent Consulting
Sandy Needham, West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce