York & North Yorkshire Chamber exists to help businesses like yours.
Our brand values underpin the ethos of the business and the people within it.
- Partnerships: working with companies and individuals to improve their business performance, by building strong relationships
- Networking: providing an inclusive and effective network for businesses to do business
- Intelligence: using our knowledge, intelligence and services to enable business people to work more efficiently and profitably
- Championing: the voice and needs of local business
- Supporting: helping to create a sustainable business-friendly and supported environment
The Chamber’s mission statement is:
“To be the champion of business – connecting, supporting and representing.”
Take a look at the range of services on offer to members of the Chamber here or call 08455 240 240 with any questions.
Laurence Beardmore, York & North Yorkshire President and, Andrew Digwood, Vice President
York & North Yorkshire Chamber charity 2021
The charity selected by York & North Yorkshire Chamber President, Laurence Beardmore is The Island.
The Island is a well-established York based registered charity (1120420) supporting some our most disadvantaged, vulnerable and isolated children and young people aged 8 to 18 to realise their potential through positive mentoring relationships and activities. All children and young people have undiscovered potential and through mentoring we can create “islands of time and space” for them to see and believe in themselves.
The Island believes in care, responsibility, respect and compassion resulting in positive outcomes on children and young people’s attitudes, behaviour and skills. We support then to become more effective individuals who are then able to engage and contribute to their community. The Island is more determined than ever to continuing making a difference in supporting, guiding and positively influencing the lives of all children and young people in the city of York and beyond, regardless of their socio-economic circumstances or life experiences.
For more information please visit The Island website: www.theislandyork.org
York Leadership Group
- Mark Fordyce, York Data Services Ltd
- Kurt Calder, Shepherd Building Group
- Laurence Beardmore, York Emporium
- Paul Tyler, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet (York) Ltd
- Lee Underwood, Autohorn Fleet Services Ltd
- Tony O’hagan, Nestle UK
- Bridget Meynell, Firesure Yorkshire Limited
- Eamonn Keogh, O’Neill Associates
- Matthew Grant, Garbutt + Elliott LLP
- Andrew Digwood, Rollits LLP
- Tim Whitaker, Askham Bryan College
- Simon Brereton, City of York Council
- Matt O’Neill, North Yorkshire County Council
- Amanda Selvaratnam, University of York
- Lee Probert, York College
- Marc Fleetham, York St John
- David Dickson, York, North Yorkshire & East Riding LEP
- Steve Secker, Secker Taylor Associates (Chair of YNY Property Forum)
- Andrew Lowson, York Business Improvement District Company Ltd
- Kerry Hope, Castle Employment
- Steve Smith, HSBC
- James Brennan, York Racecourse
- Mark Granger, Pavers
Sandy Needham, West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce