A skilled workforce is a huge asset for any company. Trained employees are more motivated and productive. They can help to save your business money and make a significant contribution to the bottom line.
Whether you are looking to train shop floor employees or are looking to expand leadership skills in the boardroom, the Chamber can help with its range of training courses.
Our current options include:
- Online training through the Virtual College. This enables you to learn when it’s convenient for you and your teams.
- Leeds Beckett University courses. Whether you are seeking leadership and management development or using creative technologies, a variety of professional courses are on offer at the University.
- University of York courses. As a top ten university in the UK for teaching and research, the Corporate Training Unit is responsible for managing the short courses and professional training delivered to clients.
- Chamber International training. Chamber International specialises in delivering high-quality import and export training.
Specialist courses are also offered by the Chamber and can be found in our events section but please get in touch if you need something more bespoke on 08455 240240.
Whether you are seeking leadership and management development or using creative technologies in your business its range of open professional courses are offered by Leeds Beckett University.
The Chamber works in partnership with Leeds Beckett University to provide a number of professional development courses at discount to Chamber members.
Leeds Beckett University provides a range of professional, academic and accredited training courses to support the skills development of businesses and individuals.
A selection of programmes are offered at a discounted rate to Chamber members. These include:
- Leadership and management programmes provided by the University’s Leadership centre, which include tailored professional and academic qualifications to suit the needs of both individuals and organisations.
In addition to flexible training and development, Leeds Beckett University provides project support, consultancy, contract research, graduate recruitment, and equipment and facilities hire.
Please contact a member of Leeds Beckett’s Enterprise Services team to find out more on 0113 812 1904 or email@example.com.
Accredited Digital Training to Upskill your Organisation
Virtual College by Netex are leading digital training providers for organisations of every size. With experience of developing online training for over 25 years, we truly understand the requirements of our customers and our learners.
We provide a range of professional, accredited online courses that are developed by subject matter experts to upskill businesses and individuals. Browse our range of courses below.
- Business compliance coursesincluding GDPR, Cyber Security, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and more.
- Health and safety coursesto ensure your workforce are compliant including Fire Safety, First Aid, Mental Health, Manual Handling and more.
- Leadership and Management coursesincluding Personal Effectiveness, Managing Change, Understanding Yourself, The Role of the Manager and more.
- Personal and Professional Development courses including Confidence Building, Reflective Techniques, Growth Mindset and Influencing, Negotiating, Networking and more.
You can access Virtual College’s full catalogue of digital training courses here.
To receive a Chamber member discount code, please call 08455 240 240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of York training for businesses
The University of York provides world-class professional development and training. We offer leadership & management courses covering soft skills together with longer-term programmes for senior and middle managers, business owners and entrepreneurs. Bespoke programmes can also be designed to meet specific business needs.
Many of the University of York leadership & management courses for business are accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) at Leadership and Management level 5 and up to level 7.
Funding is available for eligible small – medium-sized businesses in the York, North Yorkshire and East Riding areas, via the ScaleUp Programme. This programme enables businesses to obtain 40% funding for many courses, including the CMI level 5 accredited Management Development Programme.
We are pleased to offer a 10% discount to Chamber members on leadership & management training courses. This can be claimed by contacting us and quoting “Chamber10”. This discount can only be used once and includes bespoke programmes however it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or funding that you may be eligible for.
The University also offers a wide range of training in niche sectors such as systems safety and health economics, if you have a training need that the University may be able to help with then please contact us to discuss it.
The University of York is delivering across three strands of work as part of the Specialist Skills Support Programme which offers fully-funded consultancy and training support for North Yorkshire and East Riding based SMEs across a range of business topics. The project is aimed at:
- supporting businesses with an ageing workforce
- attracting and retaining graduate employees
- support for businesses looking to venture into new markets.
The types of support on offer include 1:1 consultancy sessions with industry specialists, peer group training events and online learning materials. The support on offer is being funded through the European Social Fund from now until July 2022.
If you need more information or have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com or Tel: 01904 325145