A-one+, working on behalf of Highways England in Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire, have planned resurfacing work beginning shortly. The work will take place close to the M62 eastbound and westbound carriageways between J26 and J27 close to Chain Bar and Gildersome.
What’s happening and when?
Work is due to start on 9th September 2019 and it is expected to last for approximately four weeks assuming reasonable weather conditions. It will be carried out overnight between 8pm and 6am (Week nights only). The works will be to carry out road resurfacing, road markings and road stud renewal (including routine maintenance works) at the various locations shown below:
- M62 J26 to J27 eastbound mainline carriageway.
- M62 J27 to J26 westbound mainline carriageway.
- M621 Anti-clockwise to M62 westbound link carriageway.
- M62 J27 westbound entry slip.
Closures, restrictions and diversions
To do this work safely they will need to carry out the following traffic management. Any full closures will always have fully signed diversion routes in place:
- Closures will be carried out on the M62 eastbound and then the M62 westbound for 4 weeks in total during the week nights only.
- A signed diversion lasting approximately 10 minutes will be in place via A58, A650 from J26 and the reverse for J27.
Highways England will work with their partners to keep disruption to traffic to a minimum and apologise in advance for any disruption you might experience. This work helps to provide a safer network to all road users.
How to contact us
If you would like to discuss this scheme, or need further information, please contact Highways England on 0300 123 5000 or email email@example.com.