Collaborate. Debate. Network. Share. Inspire!
Following the huge success the 2017 event, this year’s Convention will continue to inspire and lead change in the North. The objective of this event is to bring people together for meaningful dialogue, sharing and action – be they practitioners, policy makers, opinion formers, young people, businesses, MPs or community groups.
This years event takes place on Tuesday 20 November, 09:00 – 16:30, Northern Commercials Stadium Conference & Events.
Themes for the event are:
- How do we create a more inclusive North where all our diverse voices and strengths are represented?
- What does a good economy look like for us all?
- How can we ensure people are involved locally in the design and delivery of services?
- How can we value all our places, not just the big cities?
- What more can we do to collaborate, share and learn about what’s working, together?
If you want to be part of this year’s big conversation, if you’re up for celebrating the great things that are already happening and you have ideas about how better lives for all of us in the North can be achieved – this is your event!!
This is a great opportunity for you to raise awareness of your work, organisation, campaign or service….and genuinely connect, collaborate and create…helping to shape the kind of North we all want to live and work in. In addition to registering as a delegate, you can send us your ideas for sessions you want to lead by clicking here peoplespowerhouse.org.uk/index.php/events/2018-convention
- Andy Burham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Edna Robinson, Chairman, People’s Powerhouse (also Big Life Group, Trafford Housing Trust)
- Susan Hinchcliffe, Leader Bradford Council and chair of West Yorkshire Combined Authority
- Nazir Afzal OBE, former Chief Crown Prosecutor
- Neil McInroy, Chief Executive, CLES
- Tony Walsh (Longfella) our Poet In Residence for the day – and there will be delegate involvement!