Covid 19 Additional Relief Fund – Relief from business rates payments (New Scheme)
Leeds City Council have launched their Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund, to help rate paying businesses who have been affected by the pandemic and that are not eligible for other support with business rates.
To be eligible your business must:
- Pay business rates and be registered for business rates with Leeds City Council.
- Be part of one of the following sectors:
- non-domestic travel and tourism
- non-essential retail
- short-term accommodation
- leisure and sports facilities
- entertainment venues
- personal care facilities
- non-statutory training provider
- supplier or service provider to the retail, hospitality or leisure industries
- financial and professional services
- non-statutory medical services
- have not already received financial help from any one of the following schemes:
- Extended Retail Discount
- Nurseries Discount
- Airport Ground Operations Support Scheme
What discount will you receive?
If eligible for this fund, you will get rate relief of 75% or up to £105,000 per business (not per premises) for 2021/2022. Priority will be given to businesses that demonstrate a loss of at least 25% in 2021/22 when compared to 2019/20. Any relief awarded will be proportionate to the income loss suffered by your business.
Click here for full details of the scheme and to access the online application form.