Leeds Bradford® Airport have launched their ‘Route to 2030’ Strategic Development Plan (SDP) Consultation.
The requirement to produce the SDP is set out within the Aviation Policy Framework (Secretary of State for Transport, 2013).
This new SDP replaces the previous LBA Masterplan which was published in 2005.
The SDP provides an update on investment and growth at LBA since 2005 and sets out a high level strategy for the development of the airport through to 2030. Within it you will see our four key objectives that have been formulated to shape and focus our growth to help deliver:
· Upgraded airport entrance and commercial gateway development
· ‘Commercial Hub’ and airport hotel in close proximity to terminal
· Rail connectivity linking Leeds, Bradford, Harrogate and York including ‘Parkway’ station and Tram Train / Light Rail options
· Upgraded road access and public transport enhancements
· Timely expansion of terminal building and investment in apron infrastructure
The consultation period for the SDP runs for a period of 8 weeks (03 March 2016 until 30 April 2016).
The SDP comprises the following suite of documents which are the subject of this consultation process:
· ‘Route to 2030’ Strategic Development Plan Consultation Draft: March 2016
· ‘Route to 2030’ Strategic Development Plan – Surface Access Strategy Consultation Draft: March 2016
Both documents can be found on our website click here.
In addition, Leeds Bradford® has arranged for both consultation documents to be viewed at libraries and public buildings across the region during March and April. Full details and dates are available here
You can submit your comments or thoughts up until 23:59 on 30th April 2016 via email (Masterplan@lba.co.uk) or via post (Masterplan Consultation, Leeds Bradford Airport, Leeds, LS19 7TU).
Should you have any further queries regarding the SDP please contact us at Masterplan@lba.co.uk.