Roadworks are underway on the M62 Chain Bar roundabout (junction 26) and will continue for the next 40 weeks.
Disruption in the short-term is inevitable but the aim of the activity is to assist traffic flow and reduce congestion.
NOTE: This is NOT part of the scheme to provide a direct link between the M62 west-bound and the M606 north-bound. This will follow later.
Main aspects of the work are as follows:
What is happening?
– To improve the M62 Junction 26 chain bar roundabout.
11 May 2015 to March 2016.
Why and at what cost?
– To improve traffic flow and reduce congestion and delays.
– Approx £5.6m.
How will it be carried out?
– Widening the roundabout running lanes from 3 to 4 to improve capacity
– Improve traffic signal configuration to improve flows
– Provide new lane markings and signs to make driving around the roundabout safer
– Improve safety and traffic flows, reduce potential delays.
– New signals and improved signing and lining to make driving safer and easier.
For more info and to get email alerts, visit the Highways England website here.