BCC Annual Conference: 3rd March 2016, QEII Conference Centre, London
- Other speakers include senior UK cabinet Ministers, senior European and international figures, and leading businesspeople and commentators
A senior cabinet minister and Labour Party Leader Jeremy Corbyn MP will join other politicians and business leaders at the upcoming British Chambers of Commerce Annual Conference, titled Decision Time: New Politics, New Economy, New Britain? Coming months before a highly anticipated EU referendum, the conference also will feature a senior European politician and a debate between leading business figures from both sides.
Speakers and panellists will focus on addressing business critical themes, including Europe, infrastructure, and both current and future economic prospects for the UK. Sponsored by American Express, Facebook, BT Business, and Smart Energy, the conference will also bring together hundreds of businesspeople from a range of industries, and from across the UK.
- Senior cabinet minister confirmed
- Senior European political speaker confirmed
- Rt Hon Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Opposition
- Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Angel Gurría, Secretary-General, OECD
- Lord Rose, Chairman, Britain Stronger in Europe
- Jon Moynihan, Spokesman, Vote Leave
- Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO, WPP
- Sir Peter Hendy, Chairman, Network Rail
- John Longworth, BCC Director General
Commenting ahead of the Annual Conference, John Longworth, Director General of the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), said:
“With increasing global uncertainty and a once-in-a-generation EU referendum campaign set to dominate the business headlines in 2016, our Annual Conference offers senior politicians and business leaders the opportunity to debate the big business issues and to engage with businesses from all parts of the UK. We look forward to welcoming all our speakers to the Conference, as we look to maintain and improve the UK’s position in the global economy.”