Amanda Beresford, Leeds Chamber President (left) with Mike Briffett, Leeds Chamber Vice President (right)
Welcome to Leeds Chamber
“To be the champion of business – connecting, supporting and representing.”
About the Chamber
Leeds Chamber is a business network which works hard to support and represent local businesses.
We have a long and rich history established in 1851 and our network today includes businesses of all sizes and shapes and from a range of different sectors.
We are a private, not for profit organisation governed by a board of directors and our aim is to provide relevant services to business enabling them to develop and prosper and to provide a collective voice taking your views and concerns to policy and decision makers.
We are an accredited member of the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC), an independent business network with around 54 chambers representing 5,000,000 employees.
Take a look at the range of services on offer to members of the Chamber here or call 08455 240 240 with any questions.
Leeds Chamber Charity 2021
The charity selected by Leeds Chamber President, Amanda Beresford is The Market Place.
The Market Place is an independent charity established in 1989 that provides free information, support and counselling to young people aged 11 – 25 in Leeds.
The Market Place believes all young people are experts in their own lives and have the right to feel safe and secure, to be treated with respect, and to feel good about themselves.
The Market Place accepts young people as individuals and encourages them to live their own lives in the way they choose. The Market Place offers space, time, services and information to enable this to happen. It supports young people in developing their emotional health and resilience, and in making positive life choices so they can attain their own goals.
The Market Place also offers free, long and short term counselling. In addition, My Plan, a one-to-one service, is delivered by the Youth Work team, who also run Drop In sessions 7 days a week and group work, including the service user participation groups SHOUT and HYPE.
The Market Place
Contact: Emma Holmes
Leeds Leadership Group
- Amanda Beresford, Schofield Sweeney LLP / Leeds Chamber President
- Mike Briffett, Leeds Chamber Vice-President / Leeds Building Society
- Paula Dillon, Paula Dillon
- Helen Green, Town Centre Securities Plc
- Martin Hamilton, Leeds Civic Trust
- Eve Roodhouse, Leeds City Council
- Cllr Jonathan Pryor, Leeds City Council
- David Maddison, Land Securities Ltd
- Caroline Pullich, Barclays Bank Plc
- Derek Whitehead, Leeds College of Building
- Dan Murray, Leeds Digital Magazines Ltd t/a Leeds List
- Sarah Bindloss, University of Leeds
- Martin Stow, University of Leeds
- Simon Baldwin, Leeds Beckett University
- Tim Waring, Quod
- Charles Johnson, Leeds Bradford Airport
- Sara Gilmore, Addleshaw Goddard Services Limited
- Justine Andrew, KPMG LLP
- Colin Booth OBE, Luminate Education Group
- Alastair Gordon, Arup
- Mark Williams, BCN
- Steve Goodwill, Goodwill Training Associates Ltd
- Andrew Cooper, Leeds BID
- John Bullock, Yorkshire Bank
- Nolan Tucker, Deloitte
- Gerald Jennings, G.R.Jennings Properties Ltd
- Colin Glass, Murray Harcourt LLP
Sandy Needham, West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce
Mark Goldstone, West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce