The skills to grow your business, the funding to make it happen
If you want to develop your workforce’s skills and expertise, you could be eligible for support and funding through the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
What support is available?
Support is available from the LEP’s skills service to help small and medium sized businesses to grow. Whether it is developing the skills of your workforce, providing tailored training or designing a new course, they can guide you through the process.
The LEP skills service will help you identify your skills needs based on your business growth objectives, and then find the right training solution, supporting SMEs to create and implement longer-term training plans to facilitate business growth..
How will it help my business?
Our expert skills advisors will help businesses by:
- offering a comprehensive skills assessment
- supporting with longer–term skills planning
- sourcing the most appropriate training
- providing funding to eligible businesses
- guiding businesses through the process
Funding is available and businesses can apply for grants of between £500 and £50,000 to contribute towards their training. Applications are assessed on a case by case basis and eligible businesses can get support to upskill staff, in some cases attracting funding for up to 50% of training costs.
Businesses can submit funding applications until 31st March 2017, and training can be undertaken until 30th June 2017
Is my business eligible for LEP skills funding?
To be eligible for skills funding, your business must:
- be based in the Leeds City Region
- employ fewer than 250 people and have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million
- be able to contribute at least 50%towards the cost of the training
- be in one of our priority sectors (creative and digital, finance and business, hospitality and tourism, low carbon and construction, manufacturing and engineering, transport and logistics and medical technology).
How to apply
Visit www.the-lep.com/skillsservice and complete the checklist to see if you are eligible for funding.
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 386 1910.
*The LEP skills service is delivered by a consortium, which is made up of Calderdale College, Leeds City College, West and North Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce and Industry on behalf of the West Yorkshire Consortium of Colleges. It has been partly supported with H M Government.