Cyber-crime is now rife. It cost the UK economy £10 billion last year. Are you doing everything you can to protect your business from the risks?
Check out these (external) survey figures:
- 25% of the public feel they have a only limited understanding of online risks
- 68% of the public have been targeted in some way
- 53% received fraudulent emails or messages directing them to websites where key information could be stolen
- More than one-third (38%) said the matter was too trivial to report and that nothing could be done anyway
- Nearly half use the same password for multiple accounts, with many failing to heed advice on this when prompted.
- People use an average nine passwords across devices and accounts
- People update security software every 8½ months but 20% don’t do this at all
- A quarter never update social media privacy settings; half don’t know how to
- A third don’t back up documents and photographs.
With thanks to Packetts Insurance Brokers who are sponsoring this event, Gary Hibberd, MD of agenci, will speak to Bradford Professionals’ Network. Come along and network, and make sure you don’t get caught out by this rapidly rising and damaging threat to your business.
When: Tues 6 June 2017
Where: Exa Networks, 100 Bolton Road, Bradford BD1 4DE
What: Protecting your business from cyber-crime
Who: Gary Hibberd, MD at agenci
Cost: £15 inc VAT – Chamber members; £30 – non-members