Your business may be able to benefit from a new policy that will see Bradford Council spending on local suppliers rise from 47% to 60%.
This new policy aims to add an extra £45m into the local economy over the next five years – that means you and your business could gain more work.
Find out more about Bradford Council’s new policy on procurement services at this Bradford Chamber event, 7.30am on Wednesday 16 May. See below for details.
To book: call 01274 206660 / email email@example.com (apologies if you’ve already booked – this is a reminder)
Cost: £15 Chamber members / £30 non-members
When: 7.30-9am, Wednesday 16 May 2018
What: Council Procurement Services & Working with Business (aka Social Value & Inclusive Growth)
Who: Duncan Farr & Clare Wilkinson, Bradford Council
Why: To foster an inclusive growth ethos, giving more opportunities to feel the benefit of local public spending; provide assistance and advice for those interested in bidding for work.
Where: Bradford Chamber offices, Vicar Lane, BD1 5AH
The new policy was approved in December and came into force this month. It includes 31 Social Value, Inclusive Growth-orientated measures to choose from when preparing tenders.
- Above £25,000, the application is discretionary
- £25,000-£100,000, two measures are applied aimed at supporting the local economy
- Above £100,000, four measures are applied to also include, for example, social care, community projects or environmental matters
- Contracts over the EU threshold and more than 2 years in duration should include opportunities for employment, apprenticeships or skills enhancement
- Social Value equates to 10% of the evaluation decision.
The policy can be found to the top right hand corner of the Council website page here.