Grants of up to £2,500 are available for businesses with 249 or fewer employees to recruit an apprentice. If you’re based in West Yorkshire or York you can apply for the apprenticeship grant for employers (AGE) from Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
Are you eligible?
- A core grant of £2,000 is on offer, allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and you’ll need to meet the full grant eligibility criteria
- Businesses with 249 or fewer staff based in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Leeds, Wakefield and York
- Never offered apprenticeships before
- Offering new employment as an apprenticeship opportunity to 19-24 year olds with associated apprenticeship training via Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) approved training provider
- Paying the relevant national minimum wage from day 1 of training (above the apprenticeship wage of £3.90), i.e. £6.15 p.h. for 18-20 year olds, £7.70 p.h. for 21-24 year olds.
An additional top up grant of £500 is on offer if:
- The Apprenticeship is at level 4 or above as defined by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).